Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CNN Hearts Ron Sexsmith!

There's another article on CNN.com about Ron Sexsmith, currently touring in support of "Exit Strategy of the Soul." (It's a great album, go buy it!) It's at least the second article they've had about him lately, it's nice to see him get some press. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/14/ron.sexsmith/index.html?iref=newssearch

At least this time they mention Ron by name in the headline, when I first read it, it was: "Songwriter wanted to be Elton, happy to be himself." And I was like, why would I want to read about someone who wanted to be Elton John? If you could be like anyone, why on earth would you pick Elton John? Then I saw it was about Ron, and I read it. Also, the CNN story about the Kinks' box set credited Ron with giving them the tip. H'mmm...I guess Ron has some special ability to read Ray Davies's mind...Anyway, the piece also gives a nice little shout out to Nick Lowe. So if you don't know about Ron, go read about him and listen to his music. He's a very talented songwriter. I wanted to go see Ron when he was in town a couple of weeks ago, but I was really sick, so I missed him. Oh well, next time.

And as long as I'm talking about CNN, I heart CNN's post-debate coverage last week, because I got to see three of my CNN crushes, Campbell Brown, Suzanne Malveaux, and Soledad O'Brien! Sigh...I would be in Soledad's focus group of undecided voters anytime! Of course, I'm already decided, but that's not the point. I love it when Campbell Brown just barely masks her complete and utter contempt for Sarah Palin! (It's cute.) And I'm sad that I don't get to see Kyra Phillips on "American Morning" anymore, now that Kiran Chetry is back from maternity leave. (Kiran is still pretty cute, though.) Okay, okay, so maybe I'm a CNN junkie, but I can quit anytime I want to! Just not before the election!

No comments: