Monday, January 26, 2009

I Saw Harry Connick!

I saw Harry Connick Jr. in person tonight at the Mall of America. Sadly, it was only for about a minute. Harry was signing autographs in support of his new film, "New In Town," with Renee Zellweger. (Which is set in Minnesota, but was sadly not filmed in Minnesota. It's because we stopped giving tax breaks to production companies. That's why nothing has been filmed here since "The Mighty Ducks.") Because I had to work today, I was not able to line up hours ahead of time to get Harry's autograph. So I raced to the MOA (yes, that's how it's known...lame, I know) but I was on the opposite side of the mall from where Harry was. By the time I got there, Harry was just about done signing, so I saw him for literally about 60 seconds as he left. So I didn't get to meet one of my favorite musicians. Oh well. Oh, and for the ladies out there, he looked very nice.

No comments: